(Cucurbita pepo) Black Beauty zucchini, an heirloom summer marrow squash prized for its crisp, white flesh and dark green skin. One of the most popular heirloom zucchini varieties in North America in the second half of the twentieth-century.
Growth: Fast growing. It fruits early and is very productive; Harvest often to encourage the plant to continue producing new fruits.
Height: +60 cm.
Spread: rambling 120cm or 60cm wide column if supported on a tomato cage.
- Picked young and tender – as baby marrow- tastes excellent lightly steamed, sautéed, or stir-fried.
- Black Beauty Zuchinni reaches a black-green to almost black at maturity.
- All important for heart health.
- Most of the nutrients reside in the skin and the darker the zucchini, the more nutrients, especially beta-carotene and minerals.
- Zucchini is very low in calories and high in water content.
+Video Black Beauty Zuchinni with chamomile daisy; Producing baby marrows after transplanted just 3 weeks ago!! = Baby marrows off to a great start … pre-empting mildew & egg laying wasps with protective companion plants and nicely balanced soil with lots of kitchen compost biomass & milk spray to keep mildew alkalized.