Various Mentha – Mint – cultivars available:
Shade loving ground covers in Cape Town climate. Native to Europe and Asia has been naturalized in parts of Africa
Growth: Self propagating invasive rhizome creeper, as mint family does = best contained and grown in our plantup-za growbags;
see photos showing PUZAtjube 20cm,
or PUZAcube 30cm square foot,
or PUZAgrowbox 45cm pots
- Beneficial in garden; mints will attract good guys, like bees,
and repel ants, fleas and aphids, flea beetles and mice.
Variations available :=
Lemon Balm Mint
Height: 15- 30cm dies back in winter and re-appears in Spring.
- Aromatic lemon-scented leaves for use as a medicinal & culinary herb. Take your bean dishes to another level of yum.
- Wonderful herbal infusion tea warm or iced.
Mentha piperita; A perennial
Mentha spicata: Spearmint plant.
Height: 15- 30cm.
- Distinctive aromatic scented leaves for use as a medicinal & culinary herbs.
Used fresh or dried to flavour many foods, particularly sweets, beverages, salads, soups, cheeses, meats, fish, sauces, fruits, and vegetables.
Also used to flavour toothpaste, candles, candies, and jellies etc…
- Refreshing herbal infusion warm or as iced-tea.